Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Technical Answers


Technical Answer Center

The Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut (IIAC) provides technical assistance to its members through our vast library of documents, including Connecticut's insurance statutes, regulations and laws.

If you have a technical question, please feel free to contact our Education Director, Barbara Spear, at (860) 563-1950 or contact a member of our Technical Committee. You can also visit the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA)'s "Virtual University" where you'll find articles which deal with numerous insurance issues and answer some of the trickier questions.

Below are links to websites, Connecticut Statutes and Insurance Department Bulletins regarding issues on which we frequently receive questions.

If you need to search for a Connecticut Statute, you can use either the Connecticut General Assembly's website or the Connecticut Department of Insurance website.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact our office at 860-563-1950 and we will assist you.

Allowable Service Fees

Applying For or Renewing a Connecticut Producer License


Certificates of Insurance

Changing a Producers License if Moving Into or Out of Connecticut

Commercial and Personal Risk Policies and Renewal Premium Increase Notices

Flood Insurance - The Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012

Mortgage Lenders - Insurance Requirements


Surplus Lines Taxes and Affidavits

Teenage Driving Laws

Termination of Agents Appointment and Producers Appointment and Contract