Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many CE credits do I need?
A: All licensed resident producers in the State of Connecticut are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education credits for each 2 year license renewal. The credit requirement for the 24 hours is as follows: 3 credits for Laws, Regulations & Ethics (LRE), 6 credits for each line of authority (i.e. Property & Casualty and / or Life & Health). The remainder of the 24 credits can be taken in any subject that the producer chooses, as long as the same course is not repeated within one licensing period. These remaining credits can be any combination of LRE, L&H, or P&C. Newly licensed producers are required to complete a 3 credit flood program during their first compliance period. This is a one-time only requirement.
NOTE: Effective December 20, 2017 Connecticut will move to birth month renewals instead of birh date. Licensees that currently have their birth date as their license expiration date on the producer database (PDB) will begin to reflect the last day of their birth month. Learn more
Q: If I take more than 24 credits in one biennium, will my excess CE credits be applied toward my next license renewal?
A: No, CE credits do not roll over to the next licensing period. Once a producers license renews, the continuing education credits are brought back to 0 and the producer is required to begin again.
Q: How do I check my CE credits?
A: Prometrics (Sircon) is the vendor for Continuing Education tracking for the State of Connecticut. CE course information and individual transcript information can be obtained by accessing www.sircon.com and proceeding with the following steps:
- Under Quick Start for Agents & Agencies select Look Up Education Courses / Credits. This will bring you to an Inquiries page.
- Select Continuing Education Transcript Inquiry.
- Select Connecticut from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your license number and last name and click submit.
- You will now be able to view and print your transcript.
Click here for a printable version of this page
Class Cancellation, Transfer, and Refund Policy
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks prior to class date is fully refundable by either check or credit voucher.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of class date is refundable by either check or credit voucher and is subject to a 25% penalty fee.
- Cancellation of a class where class materials have been mailed to the student:
- Refund is subject to a $25 S&H fee
- Materials are required to be returned or the cost of materials will be deducted from any refund issued.
- No refund or credit voucher will be issued if a student does not show for class.
- Classes cancelled by IIAC are fully refundable by option of check or credit voucher.
- No more than two transfers will be allowed per class registration.
PRINTABLE CANCELLATION POLICY PDF
- Credit vouchers are redeemable for one year from date of issue.
- Credit vouchers are transferable to other agency members.
- Credit vouchers will not be redeemed for refunds.
- Original credit voucher must be returned to IIAC with class registration.